Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mother-in-law's 50 b-day gift set

I knew it was coming up, my MIL's birthday. However, I'd been really busy so I figured I'd throw together a card, toss in a gift card and call it good. Well.... at about 4 o'clock the night before her birthday my husband says "It's my Mom's 50th isn't it?"

"WHAT???" I can't just do a little cop out gift card for a 50th birthday, especially for someone as wonderful as my mother-in-law.


So I had to do something fabulous, but what? Of course I had no idea what to do and no inspiration. I spent an hour or so searching the web trying to find a simple and cute idea and came across personalized wine labels. :: lightbulb moment ::

Then in my scraproom I found one of these bare elements wine holders that I've had for years and didn't come across the right occasion to use it.

I ended up with a wine holder complete with customised wine bottle, card with gift card and matching flowers.

Not too bad for a moment's notice huh?


Here's the wine holder I put it in.
Inside the wine holder with the bottle of wine


The "Fifty & Fabulous" wine bottle

Another view of the wine bottle.
The quick card, I think it turned out cute though.

Inside the card with a gift card holder

I was really proud of being able to pull all of this together in such short notice and I think it turned out pretty cute, don't you??
Supplies:
wine holder: bare elements
patterned papers: Basic Grey Urban Prarie
cardstocks: bazzill
flowers: Prima
cuttlebug: textile folder
scallop edge punch: fiskars
ribbon: basic basic from Michaels
circle and scallop circle and i (heart) u: mini monograms cricut cartridge
50: Storybook cricut cartridge
Just 4 you: Graphically speaking cricut cartridge
Tag: Tags bags boxes and more or Plantin Schoolbook cricut cartridge (I can't remember which)
misc. silver brads and buttons from stash.

4 comments:

  1. I am super impressed, I could not have come up with something that great so quickly! I love, love, love the card you made, so cute! Great job Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautiful! I can't believe it was last minute. I love making ensembles like this. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome project Jackie, and I am LOVIN' the look of your blog....HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty much FAB! Wow! I hope she likes it!!! No.. she will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails