Friday, April 30, 2010

Color cue kite



WPlus9 has a color challenge and this week I got a chance to play along.  Now let me tell you that these colors are completely out of my comfort zone, but I enjoyed it.  The colors are PTI's Melon Berry, Spring Rain, Summer Sunrise and white.  The kite is from the You're Dandy set from practicing creativity and I added a little glitter to the kite and it's bows.  Just a cheery fun simple card.  Oh and check out the woodgrain in the background, I love how it adds a subtle texture to the otherwise plain background.


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like the wide white border you left, and great addition with the woodgrain! I helps to give the kite movement and adds dimension. Love the yellow strip with the sentiment as well. Gorgeous!

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really into white space right now on cards and you did it so perfectly! Love the sentiment strip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really wonderful!! I like all the white space too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take for the challenge!! its such a pretty card!!got to agree, tough colors to pair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! I love the woodgrain background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a pretty card. I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling, just darling! You worked the colors beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfectly laid-out card Jackie. The yellow sentiment strip just makes everything pull together. I love that kite too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails